Work on the Farm!
What do you get when you combine fertile soil, abundant Northwest rain and plenty of TLC? Delicious food the way nature intended on over 400 acres in Auburn, Sumner and Orting. At Mosby Farms our agricultural practices, both conventional and organic, minimize our impact on earth and maintain delicious flavor and nutrients in our food.
A farm hand assists the Organic Farmer in raising and growing specialty crops at a farm. On a typical work day, you will be required to perform many physically challenging activities such as cultivating soil, sowing crops and ensuring that weeds do not take over the crop patch. We grow a wide range of high quality specialty vegetables for our CSA, or on our farm; Veggie Club, our market truck (located at our pumpkin patch on Fridays and Saturdays) and restaurant accounts. We are looking for one full-time seasonal worker to aid with daily farm tasks for the 2017 season.
Positions start early March through the end of October
- Daily field work, including: greenhouse seeding, transplanting, row-covering, weeding, harvesting, maintaining hand-tools, and applying approved inputs.
- Taking and following verbal instructions from farm managers
- Knowledge of vegetables and soil compatibility
- Knowledge of (CSA) Community Supported Agriculture Program a PLUS!
- Must be able to lift 50-75 pounds
- Self-motivated individual with tremendous work-ethic
- Flower knowledge a plus, but not required
- Must be able to think out of the box and be learning new things
- Must be flexible with hours to adjust for weather and season
- Must be organized, clean, neat and tidy
- Good interpersonal skills and be able to deal with the public
- Must be comfortable working alone
- Knowledge of tractors and equipment is a plus, but not required
- Perform harvesting activities by using equipment such as harvesters and tractors
- Ensure that operational areas and clean and maintained
- Repair farm buildings and fences to ensure constant maintenance measures are taken
- Irrigate soil to ensure the quality of crop and Harvest crops for selling
Job Type: 30+ Weekly Hours/Seasonal Employment
Salary: $11.00 per hour
- Auburn, Washington
- Farming/Internship: 1 year
General Farm Work
Field Crew – During peak season Mosby Farms hires for general field work. The primary responsibility of this position is weeding and harvesting. In addition, there is a lot of other field work and maintenance, including but not limited to transplanting, hoeing, and moving irrigation. Positions are available beginning June 1.
Minimum Qualifications: One season previous farm experience preferred; Strong interest in farming necessary; Flexibility to learn new methods and farm systems; Good communication skills; Energetic, fun and motivated personality; Excellent work ethic and positive attitude; Conscientious and able to work with all kinds of people; Strong back and knees; Ability to work outside in all weather conditions; Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds; Willingness to fully commit to the farm for the season.
Questions can be directed to email@example.com or call (253) 939.7666.